Loose. Innocence. Relaxed. Golden. Soft. Curvy.
“Seducing Lines” is not only the core message here, but also the title of this series at the same time.
The aim of this set is less to tell a story but rather to present the attractive, curvy Playmate Coxy Dominika in a stunning location.
Certainly, I already need a unique identifiable style so I chose to go with the implementation of a soft glamorous look.
The Visual Approach
The visual approach is to combine all kind of lines I find present on set. The more strict ones originating from the architecture and the soft ones that come into play through the model’s curves.
The shoot sequence is divided in two parts: First, I fully want to incorporate the large room whereas Dominika just has the role of an element in the scene.
In the second part, I want the Playmate to stand out, to be the main attraction! The backgrounds must be blurred and pose no visual competition to the model itself. I use a greater lens and a shallow depth of field.
Beautifying & Styling
The soft styling supports the atmospheric need of this glamour look. The hair is open and wavy, make-up itself is not very strong and the chosen corset is very decent with its rose-white color-tones.
When I concentrate on the model in tighter shots, it’s all about her curves and lines. The softness of her posing is greatly supported by the alabaster-like skin tone. Round and alluring are the keywords here.
The scene itself is already lit by the sun’s ambient light. The big numerous windows offer great overall and even fill-in sources.
Key- & Ambient Light, Catch Lights
- The key light uses a medium sized octobox and is placed in 4 meter/13 feet distance to the model.
The key is set to accentuate and modulate the model’s figure. It also creates the catch lights in the eyes.
- The source is placed in front of the model with an angle of approx. 30 degrees – this creates additionally some plasticity with a moderate shadow fall-off.
- The modifier creates a large and even light volume that I easy mix with the ambient’s light cloud.
- This setup also allows the model to pose and me to act in a greater action radius.
Even though I have not setup any hair lighting, there’s a shimmer created, simply by placing the model near to a window where the sunbeams directly fall in and hit the model’s back of the head or side line. This is what creates this lovely and appealing glow.
Photo Production Team
- Model: Playmate Coxy Dominika, CZ
- Photographer: Dan Hostettler, CH
- MU&HA: Aneta Lozkova, CZ
- Assistant: Tereza, CZ
- BTS Documentary: Jan Prerovsky, CZ
- 1x 400 Ws Monoblocs
- Key light: Ocatox Ø4’/Ø120m, powered around 250 Ws
- mixed with sun’s ambient light (= rim light on the hair & side light on the model’s body)