Studio Lighting Blueprint. Theory, Showcases & Exercises
feat. Jenni Czech & Melisa Mendini – by Dan Hostettler
Juice Things Up!
Does studio lighting scare you away?
Too many lights, light modifiers, gear and stuff?
Have you never ever worked seriously with studio equipment?
Are you curious about improving and evolving your style?
This book delivers the perfect “one size fits all” access: for newcomers, amateurs, aficionados, even versed pros – there is always something new to explore whether it is fresh from scratch or just tidbits.
Surely theory is based on century old common knowledge, yet the ground to start your new excursion is based on my personal trials & errors, my inspiration and my implementation and execution experience gathered over the last 15 years.
Let yourself be led by exploring my settings, creations, ideas and last but not least my intriguing imagery.
The Big Picture & Trainings for You!
The big picture ultimately follows one simple principle: Setting you back on square one later on and letting you start over with just one light – at your home, in your dedicated studio space, wherever you work. Once you have gotten the full comprehensive oversight, you will better understand how to handle a simple One-Light-Setup.
Learn While Exploring
Besides the hard facts, theory, infographics and some fun elements, I absolutely “want to educate you with some real eye candies”; applied in form of the visual 3D lighting illustrations and the alluring imagery with Jenni Czech and Melisa Mendini.
The extra provided 2D set plans will help you in studio when you start replicating, tweaking and evolving your own lighting designs.
Jenni, Melisa and I were working real hard for over month in order to create the concept and content for this book. And now, I am more than happy to let you get started with your new, delightful journey on the tracks of “Essentials. Studio Lighting in Nude Photography”!
Essentials, Insights, Trainings & Dan’s Methods
- Guide Parts: Theory, Showcase & Challenge Yourself
- Comprehensive & Extensive Theory Part
- Easy to Follow Illustrative Practical Knowledge and Tips
- Understanding Light & Lighting: Directions, Shadow Casts, Light Fall-Off
- Light Source Sizes, Hard & Soft Light, Light Ratios
- Photo Light Functions & Light Placement
- Catchlights, Moods & White Balance
- Color Spaces, Shutter & Dan’s Exposure Triangle
- Get Your White Balance Right in Lightroom & Photoshop
- Metering & Triggering
- Different Flash-Heads: Monolights & Pack System
- Everything about Light Modifiers, Softboxes vs Umbrellas, Beauty Dishes
- Modifier’s Sizes, Shapes and Sweet Spots
- Grids, Reflectors, Light Stands & Support Stuff
- Light & Camera Settings
- Specific Lighting Analyzes in the Showcase Part
- Beauty Dish: Dan’s Fast Glam Example
- 19 All-Inclusive Case Studies with Equipment List, 3D Lighting Designs & 2D Set Plans that You can Replicate
- Build Your First Lighting Setup
- Challenge Yourself! Dan’s 4 Additional Lighting Setups for You: Train and Create Your New Lighting Ideas and Designs
- Revealing Behind the Scenes Imagery All Over the Book: Observe the Insights
What You will Get
- Fundamental knowledge, trainings and inspirational visual lighting guide
- Extensive theory part to strengthen your practical work
- Full equipment lists for beginners & pros (that Dan’s uses himself)
- High quality nude imagery: 19 different sets & theory part imagery
- Images with famous nude models Jenni Czech & Melisa Mendini
- 19 all-inclusive case studies/lighting setups for 1, 2, 3 & 4 lights (+ reflectors)
- All technical parameters used during the exercises
- Comprehensive 3D lighting setups from different point of views
- Detailed explanation on light directions, impacts on shadow casting, light interaction and location composition
- 280 pages in total
- Over 80 illustrative simulations & descriptions in 3D
- Over 80 lighting-design images in 3D (POVs)
- Over 220 behind the scenes & illustrative images
- 30 illustrations
- 150 tasteful nude images in 19 sets and theory part
- 12 light pattern analyses by Dan
- 19 lighting plans (2D) for replicating situations at your end
- Instant PDF download for immediate use on your PC, Mac, iProducts & Droids
- BONUS: 13 lighting sets for immediate use with set.a.light.3D
Get 13x 3D Lighting Setup Files from this book for exploring & tweaking my light-designs on your own!
Download a full version of set.a.light.3D today at NO COST (PC or Mac)! No credit card info required, just your name & email!
After trial’s expiration, the viewer stays free forever. This way you can keep on seeing my lighting plans for free – the ones from this guide and the others in my future blog posts.
About the Author: Dan Hostettler
He is Swiss born and currently living and working in Prague (Czech Republic). Dan founded his flagship business, StudioPrague, which includes a dedicated production company that has received international recognition and offers private, high-end workshops. Dan has had the pleasure of photographing some of the world’s most beautiful female nude models and he always strives to capture that “bold sexy moment”, both in the studio and on location.
In this eBook, Dan shares his extensive knowledge and insights in an easy-to-follow, visual and intuitive way. It will help you build a comprehensive foundation for your studio lighting knowledge. It will also inspire you to train and create your new lighting ideas and designs.
Fast-track your studio lighting journey! Let Dan teach you his various, exciting styles and start to implement simple lighting and various moods in your future shoots NOW!